||Systems Administator II
Position: Systems Administrator
Location: Jacksonville FL
Varied rotational shifts
Overall Job Description
This position is responsible for managing all internal/external organization technologies nationwide & globally by providing hands-on IT technical support. Duties include monitoring & management of multiple clients, variable shifts, working in a team environment,
communications with clients, RMM staff and vendors, analyzing network, LAN/WAN/FW devices, support data center system components (Servers/Backups/SAN) and processes, maintaining call center products, MS Azure and/or AWS Cloud, Unix/Linus and Windows servers
DR/BCP and Cloud/Telco networks. Responsibilities will include reliable shift coverage and team collaboration, strict security safeguards and maintaining “Best In Class” technology practices. Varied and flexible work shifts.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge of the Astadia organization and adheres to all policies and standards.
• Keeps immediate supervisor, team members, Sr Engineers and Solutions Architects well-informed of outages, service event activities, risks/concerns and recommended corrective actions.
• Updates, maintains, researches and tests server & workstation patch releases prior to implementing into production.
• Support disaster recovery plan and assures business continuity functions continue with all other departments and/or recommends manual methods for business continuity.
• Manages and maintains Microsoft Windows applications and systems including but not limited to: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 2007, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012 Microsoft Exchange 2010-2016.
• Manages the installation, monitoring and maintenance of the client’s local area network hardware/software (Switches & Routers) including QoS for VoIP Phones and mobile devices.
• Supports network operations to include: On/Off Boarding, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting connectivity problems with carriers; installing & maintaining routers/switches; adding/terminating users; assigning rights and access; resetting passwords; establishing
e-mail addresses; assessing and reporting operational status; performing backups and restores.
• Ensures technology documents such as Specific Client SOP’s, Run-Books, SOW Maintenance Agreements, Service Contracts related to technology operations and/or technology services are reviewed, evaluated, updated and processed for accurate RMM runbooks.
• Azure and/or AWS Cloud experience and expertise a plus.
• Performs routine preventive maintenance on all systems, hardware and software as required by industry best practices.
• Assists IT Admin staff in understanding and using various technologies; participates in regular staff technology presentations and trainings session in a captive lab environment.
• Develops and maintains technology policies, standards and procedures manual; develops and maintains related systems troubleshooting checklists.
• Responsible for troubleshooting workstations, networks, software applications, phones, printers/copiers and other technologies as required.
• Ensures compliance with all software licensing agreements, SSL Certs and Domain Names. Manages and safeguards software media and associated licenses. Tracks current software versions.
• Assists in the development of annual technology goals and detailed plans for goal accomplishment as it pertains to RMM.
• Responsible for providing dashboard documentation for the completion of monthly KPI’s, trends and risk management report packages.
• Ensures networks, workstations, operating systems and software applications are operational; ensures hardware and software is properly patched and/or updated monthly.
• Respects confidentiality in discussing consumer/participant, staff, personal volunteered information and organizational matters; also maintains confidentiality of organizations email privacy, projects, fiscal and personnel related information.
• Preferred qualification: Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in electrical engineering or computer science and/or three to five years related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Certifications and/or training in Azure, AWS, ITIL, GxP, Exchange, Cisco, Microsoft, Citrix, VMware and Security Products.
• Knowledge of and expertise in any of the following:
o SCCM/SCOM/WSUS Deployment Tools
o ITSM Tools i.e. – Service Now, Remedy, etc.
o Windows Server Environments to include experience with all Windows versions beginning with 2008
o AD Administration and Primary/Secondary Domain Support
o Microsoft SQL
o Microsoft Windows 2008R2, 2012 Datacenter, VMware, Hyper-V configuration and management
o Internet Information Services; Enterprise backup systems
o Firewalls (Cisco, Fortigate), SPAM, Malware & Antivirus Portals for Servers and Workstations
o Break/Fix computer hardware (loading images, replacing hard drives, hardware drivers, etc.)
o Sun Hardware and Solaris 10 (Unix) operating systems
o Dell hardware and configuration of server and storage management solutions
o Voice over IP (VoIP) in environments that traverse MPLS and WAN circuits
o Microsoft SharePoint knowledge a plus
||See Job Description
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend