||Associate Scientist II, Biotech
||Full Time Regular
EAG Laboratories is looking for an Associate Scientist to join our fast growing Biotech team which provides a comprehensive range of biopharmaceutical services from analytical physic-chemical characterization to routine release and stability
testing utilizing well-established techniques including HPLC, capillary electrophoresis, light scattering, ELISA, cell bioassays and mass spectrometry.
The Associate Scientist conducts analysis and experimentation on substances in the laboratory with minimal supervision and using prescribed procedures (protocols, standard operating procedures, methods, etc.). Completes work for research and development,
CGMP and/or GLP studies, and documents and reports data in a timely manner according to regulatory guidelines.
- Carries out somewhat complex routine experiments and procedures in accordance with all applicable regulatory (e.g. DEA, EPA, FDA, FIFRA, OECD, etc.) requirements as defined by protocol, method, and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- With guidance, may utilize new equipment and/or develop formulas, processes and methods for solution of technical problems.
- Analyzes organic and inorganic compounds to determine chemical and physical properties.
- Adheres to schedule according to EAG’s or contracting organization’s timetable and establishes daily or weekly routines necessary to ensure on-time delivery.
- Conducts title/skill appropriate procedures with minimal supervision using laboratory equipment, computer resources, and institutional libraries.
- Prepares standards and specifications for processes, facilities, products, and tests.
- May conduct research on manufactured products to develop and improve products.
- May induce changes in composition of substances by introduction of heat, light, energy, and chemical catalysts.
- Performs data analysis, first level, and peer review of data for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepares data and reports of completed projects ensuring auditable quality for publication at completion of contracted work by clients.
- May assist in preparation of data and final reports for completed projects or studies.
- Depending on area of assignment, may handle regulated materials (quarantined matrices, DEA-controlled and radiolabeled materials, etc.), potential biohazard materials, and toxic chemicals according to company procedures.
- Depending on area of assignment, may conduct research into composition, structure, properties, relationships, and reactions of matter.
- Is likely to work on several projects concurrently.
- May assist in training staff on techniques necessary to perform laboratory assignments.
- May assist or serve as study director, principal investigator, or project leader for GLP or CGMP studies. May assist in planning the conduct of a study.
- Confers with scientists and colleagues regarding research, and prepares technical papers and reports.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field such as chemistry, biochemistry, biology, chemical engineering, pharmaceutical sciences, or other directly related field or degree with comparable coursework in the above areas and a minimum of three years of experience
in a directly relevant or demonstrated comparable competency and skill attainment is required. A Master’s degree in a relevant field may be substituted for the bachelor degree and experience.
Experience in the areas and techinques below is a plus:
- HPLC and/or UPLC
- Reverse Phase, Ion Exchange, and/or Size Exclusion types of chromatography
- Detectors: uv/vis, fluorescence, CAD, MALS, MS
- Capillary Electrophoresis (CE)
- Isoelectrofocusing (IEF) using iCE
- QA or quality data review experience with GMP or GLP
||Biotech CRO experience
|EAG is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse and comprehensive workforce on the basis of merit and experience. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and/or expression), pregnancy, race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion or similar philosophical beliefs, disability, marital and civil union status, age, genetic information, veteran status or any personal attribute or characteristic that is protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.
||Send This Job to a Friend