||Full Time Regular
EAG is looking for a System Administrator. The successful candidate will be responsible for local system and desktop needs, and will participate in general enterprise support to include network systems, servers, data storage, instrument workstations, as
well as client desktop and application support in a mixed Linux / Windows environment.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All accepted applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined by ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e.,
"Green Card Holder"), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Maintain system up time for a Linux / Windows Infrastructure
- Respond to trouble tickets in-person, by phone, or e-mail.
- Troubleshoot diverse range of hardware and software.
- Maintain system up time
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity of all hardware and server resources.
- Provide on-site user and technical training when needed.
- Assist with Server maintenance and SAN and Network Configurations
- Review system logs and verify the completion of scheduled backups
- Develop and maintain all server backups and disaster recovery procedures.
- Schedule, plan, implement, and supervise the installation and testing of new products and improvements to systems relating to Linux and Windows systems.
- Schedule, plan, and execute quarterly patches across all systems.
- Occasional heavy lifting of computer equipment
- 2+ years working experience with ubuntu/centos
- 2+ years experience with Microsoft O/S including Windows 2000, 2003, 2008, XP, Win7 Office 2003, 2010, Netapp storage, VMWare Occasional lifting of Rack and Tower servers and other IT related equipment
Experience with the following is preferred:
- Cisco router and switches
- nginx reverse proxy
|EAG is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse and comprehensive workforce on the basis of merit and experience. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and/or expression), pregnancy, race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion or similar philosophical beliefs, disability, marital and civil union status, age, genetic information, veteran status or any personal attribute or characteristic that is protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.
||Send This Job to a Friend