||Sample Prep Tech
||Full Time Regular
EAG Laboratories is looking for a Technician to join our team in Syracuse, NY. The Materials Laboratory Technician will be responsible for supporting Project Managers and Analyst activities. In this position, the individual will be using manufacturing, test,
development, or diagnostic equipment, operate and maintain sample preparation related equipment. Also, prepare samples and equipment for analyses, including but not limited to, machining, mounting, and polishing, using techniques.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work closely with laboratory personnel on a daily basis.
- Review and adhere to customer specifications and requirements, including inspection of all materials’ requirements, conducting visual inspections, and metallurgical evaluations.
- Be able to section, mount, cut, grind and polish test pieces in a consistent manner that will be acceptable for evaluation purposes.
- Knowledge of operating equipment such as dry and wet saws, pneumatic presses, electro-polishing equipment, pneumatic presses, microscopes, and sustain shop cleanliness and machine maintenance.
- Use of etchant solutions and processes.
- Protect confidential information and proprietary processes.
- Handles customer materials and company equipment in a responsible and efficient manner.
- Familiarity with relevant quality system documents and complies with all system requirements.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma, Associate Degree preferred
- 0 – 2 years specifically related experience
- Relevant experience is in performing analytical testing with sophisticated equipment a plus
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Must be a proficient communicator and listener.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to work individually and as part of a team.
- Computer literate, high level of accuracy and detail oriented. Must be able to handle multiple functions at the same time and maintain good organizational skills.
- Relative business experience, a plus
|EAG is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse and comprehensive workforce on the basis of merit and experience. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and/or expression), pregnancy, race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion or similar philosophical beliefs, disability, marital and civil union status, age, genetic information, veteran status or any personal attribute or characteristic that is protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.
||Send This Job to a Friend