||Staff Scientist, Biotech
||Full Time Regular
EAG Laboratories delivers a broad array of GLP and CGMP-compliant product development and analytical testing services to the pharmaceutical, biotech, animal health, crop protection, consumer products, and chemical industries. As a member of our team, you’ll
work alongside respected experts dedicated to scientific excellence.
EAG Laboratories is looking for a Staff Scientist to join our fast growing Biotech team located in Columbia, Missouri, which provides a comprehensive range of biopharmaceutical services from analytical physical-chemical characterization
to routine release and stability testing utilizing well-established techniques including HPLC, capillary electrophoresis (CE and iCE), light scattering, ELISA, cell bioassays and mass spectrometry. Ideal candidate would have at least 4 years of
post-academic experience in protein chemistry/analytical chemistry with familiarity working under GLP and/or GMP regulations preferred. This is an opportunity to work in a state of the art laboratory and be a technical leader within the group engaging
in complicated projects for EAG’s clients.
The Staff Scientist position is an advanced level professional position involved in planning own work and supervising the day-to-day activities in a laboratory setting under prescribed processes (protocols, standard operating procedures,
- Completes work for research and development under CGMP and/or GLP guidelines for studies, documentation, etc.
- Conducts and monitors studies to ensure data accuracy and report quality.
- Writes reports on studies.
- Provides complex analytical work on projects and studies using a range of analytical techniques and instruments.
- Works with independence on studies and assignments.
- Typically serves as technical leader within a group or team and may also serve as project leader/study director on assigned projects.
- PhD in relevant field such as chemistry, biochemistry, biology, chemical engineering, pharmaceutical sciences, or other directly related field plus 2 years of experience with biochemistry methods used in protein and antibody molecules.
- Experience with biochemistry methods used in protein and antibody molecules
- Experience in participating in validation activities and understanding validation components.
- Familiarity with working under GLP and/or GMP regulations.
- Good documentation skills, experience with GxPs a bonus
Protein chemistry experience:
- HPLC and/or UPLC
- Reverse Phase, Ion Exchange, and/or Size Exclusion types of chromatography
- Detectors: uv/vis, fluorescence, CAD, MALS, MS
- Capillary Electrophoresis (CE)
- Isoelectrofocusing (IEF) using iCE
- QA or quality data review experience with GMP or GLP
|EAG is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse and comprehensive workforce on the basis of merit and experience. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and/or expression), pregnancy, race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion or similar philosophical beliefs, disability, marital and civil union status, age, genetic information, veteran status or any personal attribute or characteristic that is protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.
||Send This Job to a Friend