• Responsible for the identification, negotiation, and analysis of new business opportunities. Lead sourcing, diligence and transaction execution associated with in and out licensing efforts.
• Develop and communicate an effective business development strategy with input from internal team members
• Cultivate a strong and effective partnership with the R&D team to evaluate the potential of new compounds, and to integrate a business and commercial perspective early in the research and development process.
• Provides hands-on leadership to multidisciplinary project teams in the development and implementation of strategic alliances and business collaborations
• Successfully implement business agreements through alliance management
• Provides the leadership and experience necessary to plan, organize, and successfully negotiate and structure deals
• Assessment of business opportunities for a variety of therapeutic areas
• Communicate the progress toward business development milestones to Company management
• Strong negotiation skills and the ability to interact internally and externally with executive-level management and scientific staff
• Ability to negotiate a variety of business agreements including strategic alliances
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate across functional groups
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively lead multi-disciplinary teams working within a fast-paced environment
• Strong analytical, evaluation, and interpretation skills
• Ability to integrate the business development function with the Product R&D strategy
• Entrepreneurial and hands-on, comfortable in a dynamic company environment and possesses the ability to multi-task and set priorities.
• A strong team builder and team player
• An innovative thinker who embraces open communication and debate
Education and Experience:
• An advanced degree (MD or PhD) is strongly preferred, along with an MBA
• At least 5 years experience in the biopharmaceutical industry and proven track record in strategic alliances and business collaborations
• Strong understanding of product development and commercialization of products
• Experience in alliance management
• Record of accomplishment including experience with structuring and negotiating transactions